You may experience some difficulties with your home charger installation if you:
- Do not have your own electrical meter (not shared with any other residence or suite within your residence/building).
- Do not have a WiFi (internet connection). Also, the WiFi connection must be strong enough to reach the charging location in the garage. If it’s not, you may need a booster.
- Live in a stratified property. Depending on the requirements of your individual strata, you may or may not be able to install a charger. It’s up to you to find out the requirements for your property. Useful step-by-step information can be found on the Metro Vancouver website.
- Do not have a major credit card.
- I agree to complete the following online application.
- I agree that I am responsible for arranging my own installation within the time limit as stated.
- I understand that I am only entitled to the rebate that is offered on the date of my application. In order to receive this rebate, I must complete the installation process within 30 days of my application. I understand that if my installation is not complete within 30 days, my application will close automatically and I will have to re-apply to the program.
- I understand that I must be the owner of the home, or have the written permission from my Landlord in order to install an EV charger.
- I agree that I have read and understood all of the policies found on this page.
- I understand that rebates are limited to one (1) per household. (If you require more than one EV charger, please contact us).
REBATE DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to provide correct and complete documentation when I submit a claim for a rebate.
- I understand that if I submit incorrect documents, ZAPBC will only follow-up with me one time.
- I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to ensure that ZAPBC receives the correct claim documentation within the 30 day approval period.
- I understand that I only have 30 days from the date of my application to purchase my charger, install it, connect it to both networks, and claim my incentive.
- I have reviewed the program requirements and documentation requirements as described on the claim page.
- I understand and agree that if I have not provided ZAPBC with the required documentation, and/or connected my charger to the networks within the required 30 days, then my application will automatically close, and I will no longer be able to claim a rebate through this program.
EFT REBATE PAYMENTS
I understand that all rebate payments will be made by EFT (electronic funds transfer) directly from ZAPBC to me.
- I understand that ZAPBC no longer issues payments to customers by cheque and regardless of the circumstances, I will not request payment by cheque.
- I understand and agree that I must provide the required EFT information when applying to the program, this will include (1) institution number, (2) routing number, and (3) bank account number.
CHARGER BOX AND UPC CODE
- I understand that I am required to keep the box the charger was purchased in.
- I understand the reason why I must keep this is so that I am able to cut out the UPC code sticker with the serial number on it.
- I understand that the UPC code sticker and serial number are required in order to complete the claim for my rebate.
- I understand that if I do not keep the box the charger was purchased in, that I will not be eligible to claim a rebate.
- I understand that the only party authorized to sell ZAPBC customers a ChargePoint charger is London Drugs (sometimes referred to as our “Supplier").
- I understand that ZAPBC program incentives are not available through any other company or electrician in BC, or for any other EV charging system.
- Hardwired chargers: I understand and agree that once an EV charger is installed in my home, that I cannot have it uninstalled, return the equipment and/or request a refund. The installation of the charger is permanent and final and no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- Plug-in chargers: I understand and agree that if I purchase a plug-in charger, activate it on the network and receive a rebate from ZAPBC that I cannot return the charger and/or request a refund. Once activated, the charger purchase is permanent and final and no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- Other situations: I understand and agree that I will read and understand the return policies of the supplier, before I purchase the charger. ZAPBC is not responsible for any returns or for the policies of any supplier associated with this program.
- I understand the rebate I receive will be issued in the form of an EFT and that I will be reimbursed for the cost of the charger BEFORE taxes. In other words, I am responsible for paying the taxes (PST & GST) on the charger.
EV CONNECTION & DATA
- I understand that I must have a device that supports the ChargePoint iOS or Android mobile app (e.g. mobile phone, tablet, iPad). I understand that activation on the ChargePoint and ZAPBC networks cannot be completed with a desktop or laptop computer.
- I understand that in order to qualify for a rebate, I must agree to any or all ChargePoint terms and conditions as required to connect my charger to the ChargePoint network and ZAPBC, at time of installation and prior to receiving a rebate EFT from ZAPBC.
- I understand and agree that as part of the installation process and activation on the ChargePoint network that I will be required to provide credit card information to ChargePoint when creating my user account.
- I understand and agree that the ChargePoint Home charger will be connected to a network and that certain data regarding the use of the charger will be collected by ChargePoint the manufacturer of the charger. The Data will include: (1) the dates and times that the charger is connected to an electric vehicle; (2) the dates and times that the charger is actively charging an electric vehicle; and (3) the electricity usage and average power draw of the charger, provided in 15 minute intervals; and the current status of the connection of the charger to the network.
- I understand and agree that the data identified above will be provided by ChargePoint to ZAPBC, and that ZAPBC may use the data to conduct research and to produce reports, publications, and presentations. All personally-identifiable information will remain confidential and will never be disclosed by ZAPBC to any third party.
- I understand and agree that in order to receive a rebate from ZAPBC, I must connect the charger to the ChargePoint network and specifically to ZAPBC, and keep it connected to the ZAPBC organization for a minimum of 3 years.
- I understand that if I disconnect my charger from the ZAPBC organization, ZAPBC will immediately receive a notification. I agree to reconnect the charger to the ZAPBC organization as soon as possible. I understand that if I do not reconnect it within 2 business days, I will be required to repay to ZAPBC any incentive I received from ZAPBC in respect of the charger. If ZAPBC incurs any costs, charges or expenses in enforcing this agreement the applicant will be fully responsible for reimbursing ZAPBC for all such amount including legal accounts on a solicitor and his own client basis.
CANADIAN CHARGEPOINT ACCOUNT
- I understand that I must create an account on the ChargePoint Canada website.
CARBON CREDIT OWNERSHIP
- I agree that that upon receipt of a rebate from ZAPBC in conjunction with the installation of an EV charger at my residence, legal ownership of all emission and carbon reduction credits which may be generated as a result of the installation and subsequent use of the charger are immediately and irrevocably assigned and transferred to ZAPBC, without the necessity for any further act, consent or agreement on my part. This includes the assignment and transfer of all rights I may have or may acquire to any emission and carbon reduction credits that may be generated in the future as a result of the ongoing or intermittent use or right to use of the charger.