Please read each of the following statements carefully. When finished, click the box on the bottom to indicate that you have read and understood each statement. You must agree to all the statements in order for your application to be accepted.
- I understand that ZAPBC is privately funded. The incentives provided do not come from the provincial government, or any other public body.
- I am at least 19 years of age; or I agree to complete and submit the required consent form (please use our contact us page to email us and obtain a copy of the form).
- I am the registered owner of the home, or I have my landlord’s written permission to install an EV charger in the residence described in my application.
- I understand that incentives are subject to change at any time without notice. I am aware that I am only entitled to the incentive offered on the date of my application. I have reviewed the incentive offering on the website and understand my entitlements and obligations.
- I understand that incentives are subject to change at any time without notice. I am aware that I am only entitled to the incentives offered on the date of my application. I have read and understood the 30 day policy as outlined on the Program Policies page.
- I understand that ZAPBC is a trade/brand name used by the BC SCRAP-IT Program Society and any legal agreement I am making with ZAPBC is also being made with the BC SCRAP-IT Program.
NON-REFUNDABLE INSTALLATION COSTS
- I understand and agree that once an EV charger is installed in my home, that I cannot place a request to have it uninstalled, return the equipment and/or request a refund. I understand that the installation of the charger is permanent and final and no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- I understand that the incentive I receive will not be issued in the form of a cheque but will be applied as a point-of-sale discount.
- I understand that once I am provided with a rough estimate and accept it, I will be required to pre-pay the installation cost, less/minus the $1,100 incentive amount upon acceptance.
- I understand that I will need to have a major credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) in order to pre-pay the rough installation estimate.
- I agree to create an account with ChargePoint and activate the EV charger on the ChargePoint network, and ZAPBC organization before the electrician leaves my home.
- I understand that as part of the installation process and activation on the ChargePoint network that I will be required to provide my credit card information to ChargePoint.
- I agree to provide my credit card information over the phone to a Foreseeson Technology Inc. representative or to an electrician at the point of installation if additional installation costs are assessed.
- I understand that if I agree to and pre-pay the rough estimate installation cost, but then for any reason decline the total installation cost after the electrician arrives and adjustments are made to the cost, that a fee of $150 will due and payable to Foreseeson Technology Inc. to cover the cost of the electrician, and the $150 fee will be deducted from my refund.
DATA CONNECTION, COLLECTION & SHARING
- I agree and acknowledge that the charger will be connected to a network and that certain data regarding the use of the charger will be collected by ChargePoint, the manufacturer of the charger.
- I agree and acknowledge that the data identified above, will be provided by ChargePoint to ZAPBC.
- I agree and acknowledge that ZAPBC may use the data to conduct research and to produce reports, publications, and presentations.
- I agree to allow the electrician to connect the charger to the ChargePoint network via my personal WiFi service.
- I understand and agree that in order to receive an incentive from ZAPBC, I must connect my charger to the ChargePoint network and ensure that ZAPBC is authorized (by way of connection to the ZAPBC Home Incentive Program) to receive data from the network regarding the use of my charger for at least three years from the date my charger is installed. I understand and agree that if my charger becomes disconnected from the ChargePoint network or if ZAPBC’s authorization to receive the Data is revoked , I will reconnect my charger and reauthorize ZAPBC as soon as possible and if I do not do so within a reasonable period of time, I will be required to repay to ZAPBC any incentive I received from ZAPBC in respect of the charger. If ZAPBC incurs any costs, charges or expenses in enforcing this agreement I agree to be fully responsible for reimbursing ZAPBC for all such amount including legal accounts on a solicitor and his own client basis.
- I understand that if I receive an incentive from ZAPBC and an EV charger is installed at my residence, upon my receipt of the incentive, all legal ownership of all emission and carbon reductions credits which may be generated as a result of the installation and use of the charger are assigned and transferred without any further act to ZAPBC, including the rights to any such credits that may be generated in the future as a result of the use of the charger.
- I have read, and understand and agree with all of the ZAPBC policies as described above. Furthermore, I acknowledge that I have read, and understand and agree with all of the ZAPBC policies described on the Program Policies page and will abide by and be bound by such changes to such Program Policies as ZAPBC may introduce from time to time.